Red Dead Online is a living, breathing, ever-changing world. As with any live-service title, it can feel daunting to start well after everyone else has, and it can be hard to come back to after a break. That's why we've created this one-stop shop for all your Red Dead Online needs. This guide hub will serve as the, well, hub, for all of TheGamer's numerous guides on Rockstars wild west open-world RPG.
Want to know how to maximise your health? We've got a guide for that. Need to know how to make money, fast? Look no further. Need an up-to-date list of all the daily challenges as well as Madam Nazar's location? We've got that for you too, just below. This is your guide to the frontier, we hope it helps you avoid being eaten by a bear or killed by murderous outlaws.
Today's Red Dead Online Daily Challenges
There are seven general daily challenges to do in Red Dead Redemption 2 online, as well as three challenges for each of the five different roles, making for a grand total of 22 challenges. Every morning, we'll update this list with all of the Red Dead Online daily challenges you can complete, and if we have a guide for one, we'll provide a handy link to it, too.
- Take a self-portrait - a selfie.
- Visit a shop in Blackwater
- Visit a shop in Rhodes
- Visit a shop in Saint Denis
- Visit a shop in Strawberry
- Visit a shop in Tumbleweed
- Visit a shop in Valentine
- Bring in two bounties from New Austin posters
- Lasso three bounty targets from horseback
- Collect a player bounty
- Find three American wild flowers
- Find three collectibles with a shovel
- Find three tarot cards
- Take five animal samples within ten minutes
- Craft or cook seven items at a wilderness camp
- Find two legendary animals using pheromones
- Travel 15,838 feet in a delivery wagon on missions
- Donate six large animal carcasses to Cripps
- Make $200 from trading
- Change the bar decor
- Dance for two minutes
- Complete a sale with at least five minutes left
Where Is Madam Nazar Today?
Madam Nazar is an important NPC, but she likes to wander. Her wanderlust is so strong that she packs up camo and moves to a new location every single day. It can be hard to keep up, so every day, we'll show you where to find her.
Today, Madam Nazar can be found in O'Creagh's Run, Grizzlies. Check out the Moonstone Pond while you're in the area.
Getting Started In Red Dead Online
Red Dead Online takes place before the events of Red Dead Redemption 2's single-player campaign, making RDO a prequel to a prequel. This means that the world isn't quite the same as the one you play in during the story.
Red Dead Online isn't free-to-play, you either have to have Red Dead Redemption 2 or buy RDO separately. Like many live-service games, RDO features both a standard and premium in-game currency. Gold is bought with real cash, but can also be earned fairly easily in-game.
Red Dead Online Frequently Asked Questions
Here's a quick look through some of the most frequently asked questions about Red Dead Online. Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question, everyone needs to start somewhere.
What Platforms Is Red Dead Online Available On?
Red Dead Online is available on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. It doesn't currently have any next-gen upgrades, but it can be played on both the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
What Are The Minimum System And Memory Requirements For Red Dead Online?
Steam recommends players looking to play Red Dead Online have minimum system specs of:
- 64-bit processor and operating system (Windows 7).
- At least an Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD FX-6300 or equivalent.
- An Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB or AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB graphics card should ensure you can differentiate an outlaw from a sheriff.
- You'll also need at least 150 GB of free drive space. (On consoles that size is still a staggering 123 GB.)
Do I Need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold To Play Red Dead Online?
In short: Yes. Unfortunately, unlike Fortnite, you will need to pay for your console's online service to be able to enjoy Red Dead Online. There are no extra costs for playing it on PC, however.
Does Red Dead Online Have Crossplay, Cross Saves, Or Cross Progression?
Also in short: No. If you want to posse up, you'll have to play with people on the same system. If you want to play with multiple friends across various types of hardware, you'll have a tough time with it, as you'll have to level up and progress each character separately.
Can I Have Multiple Characters In Red Dead Online?
Unfortunately, if you want another character to play around with, you'll have to permanently retire your current outlaw. You're only allowed one bandit at a time, no takebacks or swapsies.
Fortunately, your ill-gotten money and gold will carry over to your new character once you're through the tutorial, but all your progress and roles will be reset.
Red Dead Online Beginner Guides
If you're fresh out of the city and looking to start a new life in the fabulous frontier, then these guides will be essential for ensuring you don't make any costly early-game mistakes.
- Things We Wish We Knew Before Starting
- How To Set Your Main Horse For Every Event
- Ways To Level Up Fast
- Everything You Need To Know About Red Dead Online In 2021
- How To Brush And Bond With Your Horse
- You Don't Have To Pay With Gold To Change Your Appearance
- How To Dual Wield
Red Dead Online Advanced Guides
If you know the difference between a stirrup and a cinch, these are the guides for you. The basics are important, but these are the guides that will help you get an edge over the competition. Perfect for those of you who've been playing for a while.
- Tips Even Pro Players Aren't Aware Of
- Best Horses For Any Situation, Ranked
- How To Raise And Lower Your Honour
- How To Improve Your Aim Without Auto Aim
- A Complete Guide To Camps
Red Dead Online Role Guides
There's a whole lot to do in the wild west, from hunting animals to people, and collecting valuables or trading furs.
These guides all focus on Red Dead Online's five roles.
- Every Role In Red Dead Online, Ranked
- Collector Guide
- Naturalist Guide
- Moonshiner Guide
- Bounty Hunter Guide
- Trader Guide
- The Moonshiner Role In Red Dead Online Is The Best Money Maker For Busy Students
- Best Moonshine Farming Location
- Prestigious Bounty Hunter License Guide
- Legendary Bounties: How To Capture The Wolf Man
Red Dead Online Stats, Ability Cards, And Equipment Guides
If you want to become the baddest outlaw in the west, or you just want to learn how to become a hardy trader that can survive the harsh frontier, then these are the guides for you. They specialise in how to best make your character as strong and deadly as possible.
- How To Max Your Health
- How To Max Your Stamina
- How To Max Your Dead Eye
- Best Ability Cards
- Every Trinket Ranked By Effect
- What Items Should You Buy?
- Amazing Weapons For PVP
- Items You Should Always Carry
Red Dead Online Showdown And Freeroam Events Guides
If you're sick of moseying about, you can always jump into a showdown and blast some people, or take part in a freeroam event and race to beat everyone else in your sever.
- Best Free Roam Events So Far
- Best Showdown Modes, Ranked
- Hunt The Leader Explained
- Bird Shooting Contest - How To Take Part In The Challenge
Red Dead Online Miscellaneous Guides
Sometimes, you just need to know something weird. Something that you can't quite categorise. Not to worry, we've got all your oddities and strange questions covered right here. From Red Dead Online technical issues to how to break down certain animals, this is where things get weird.
- How To Steal From Players And NPCs
- How To Get Succulent Fish Meat
- All West Hill Haven Treasure Chest Locations
- How To Fix Low Volume In Red Dead Online On PC
Red Dead Online Animal, Plant, And NPC Guides
Red Dead Online contains a lot of flora and fauna - plants and animals - so it makes sense to have everything catalogued here.
If you need to find something that's technically alive, here's where you'll find it.
Where To Find Every Animal And Fish In Red Dead Online
- All Farmland Habitat Animals Guide
- All Desert Habitat Animals Guide
- All Mountain And Grassland Habitat Animals Guide
- Best Badger Farming Locations
- Bison Locations
- Bullhead Catfish, Whooping Crane, And Muskie Locations
- Condor Locations
- Longnose Gar Locations
- Locations To Hunt Panther
- Where To Find Perch
- How To Find And Hunt Seagulls
- Where To Find Smallmouth Bass
- Everything You Need To Know About Steelhead Trout
- How To Farm Vultures And Vulture Feathers
- Locations To Farm Western Chipmunk
- Best Places To Find And Farm Sheep
- Best Wolf Locations
- Best Alpine Goat Locations
- Best Pheasant Locations
- Best Spoonbill Locations
- Best Cougar Locations
- Best Beaver Locations
- Best Banded Gila Monster Locations
- Best Bear Hunting Locations
- Best Chicken Locations
- Best Striped Skunk Hunting Locations
- Best Dog Locations
- Best Oxen Locations
- Best Nine-banded Armadillo Hunting Locations
- Best Duck Hunting Locations
- Best Woodpecker Hunting Locations
- Best Turtle Hunting Locations
- Best Snake Hunting Locations
- Best Squirrel Hunting Locations
- Best Hawk Locations
- Best Cow Locations
- Best Eagle Hunting Locations
- Best Raccoon Hunting Locations
- Best American Muskrat Hunting Locations
- Best Alligator Hunting Locations
- Best Coyote Hunting Locations
- Best Western Raven Hunting Locations
- Best Western Toad Hunting Locations
- Best Large Mouth Bass Fishing Locations
- Best Rock Bass Fishing Locations
- Best Deer Hunting Locations
- Best Owl Locations
- Best Bull Locations
- Best American Bullfrog Locations
- Best Black-tailed Jack Rabbit Hunting Locations
- Best Bluegill Fishing Locations
- Best Wild Boar Hunting Locations
- Best Collared Peccary Hunting Locations
- Best Cormorant Hunting Locations
- Best Elk Hunting Locations
- Best Egret Hunting Locations
- Best Fox Hunting Locations
- Best Goose and Geese Hunting Locations
- Best Heron Hunting Locations
- Best Iguana Hunting Locations
- Best Lake Sturgeon Fishing Locations
- Best Little Brown Bat Hunting Locations
- Best Loon Hunting Locations
- Best Moose Hunting Locations
- Best Bighorn Ram Hunting Locations
- Best Chain Pickerel Fishing Locations
- Best Northern Pike Fishing Locations
- Best Pelican Hunting Locations
- Best Rooster Locations
- Best Sockeye Salmon Fishing Locations
- Best Turkey Hunting Locations
- Best Virginia Opossum Hunting Locations
Where To Find Every Legendary Animal In Red Dead Online
- Where To Find All Legendary Animals
- Iwakta Panther Hunting Guide
- Legendary Ruddy Moose Guide
- Legendary Golden Spirit Bear Hunting Guide
- How To Hunt The Legendary Banded Gator
Where To Find Every Plant In Red Dead Online
- How To Farm For Blackcurrants
- Milkweed Locations
- Ram's Head Locations
- English Mace Locations
- Where To Find And How To Use Parasol Mushrooms
- Where To Find Yarrow
- Locations To Farm Violet Snowdrop
- Where To Farm Wild Feverfew
- Where To Find Prairie Poppies
- How To Find Harrietum Officinalis
- Best Wild Mint Farming Locations
- Best Bay Bolete Locations
- Best Hummingbird Sage Locations
- Best Desert Sage Farming Locations
- Best Golden Currant Gathering Locations
- Best Wintergreen Berry Locations
- Best Blackberry Locations
- Best Burdock Root Locations
- Best Alaskan Ginseng Locations
- Best American Ginseng Locations
- Best Chanterelle Mushroom Picking Locations
- Best Common Bulrush locations
- Best Creeping Thyme Locations
- Best Evergreen Huckleberry Locations
- Best Oleander Sage Locations
- Best Oregano Locations
- Best Raspberry Gathering Locations
- Best Red Sage Locations
- Best Vanilla Flower Locations
- Best Wild Carrot Locations
Where To Find Every NPC In Red Dead Online
- How To Find Sadie Adler And Adler Ranch
- Madam Nazar & Other Important Characters To Find
- How To Find Hamish Sinclair’s Location
If Arcane sparked your interest in League of Legends, there are better ways to experience Runeterra than playing the game.